The Ambush is our Deviate Upland Strap vest outfitted with the following:
- 1 - Shell Rail Pouch (12 rds)
- 1 - Multi-Purpose pocket
- 2 - Water Bottle Holsters
This setup is designed for comfort and efficiency ensuring rapid access to upland essentials while maintaining a streamlined profile all in an ultralight package. Made by uplanders for uplanders that push boundaries and demand the same from their gear. If the next peak, prairie, or dense thicket is always calling...go ahead, Deviate from the established course.
- Deviate Upland Strap Vest
- Generously padded belt for balanced load distribution and reduced fatigue w/ integrated DRings for added attachments points
- Highly configurable platform for adjustment based on your preferred setup
- Suspender or backpack style shoulder harness configurability
- Game pouch w/ adequate storage for the majority of upland pursuits (14" wide x 8" tall x 6" deep)
- Permanent built in zipper pocket for additional storage needs on rear of game bag
- Quick grab mesh pouch against lumbar in game pouch for easy access storage - snacks, gloves, shells/hulls, or even hydration bladder
- D-Rings found inside game pouch provide solid hydration bladder attachment points
- Ambush Bundle Accessories
- 1 - Shell Rail Pouch (12 rds) - (7” W x 3” H x 1.5” D w/ velcro closure)
- 1 - Multi-Purpose pocket (6” W x 5.5” T x 2” D w/ zipper closure)
- 2 - Water Bottle Holsters
- wide option - (12” internal circumference / 4” internal diameter / 5” height - ideal for 32oz hockey style squeeze bottles or standard Nalgene bottles)
- deep option - (10” internal circumference / 3.25” internal diameter / 7.5” height - ideal for tall 32oz squeeze style sport bottles)
- Weight: approx 3.3 lbs (as configured)
Color: Blaze Orange (225 square inches) / Coyote
- Belt Closure: Side Release Buckle
FirstSpear® 6/12™ Modular Platform Technology attachment system
- Backward compatible with standard MOLLE/PALS
- Material: 500 denier Cordura
- Designed by the Hunt Redi Crew / Sourced & Handcrafted in the USA by FirstSpear®
- Note: pictures reflect how the Ambush vest could be configured, you will be able to customize it according to your unique needs and preferences.
- Belt Size:
- Small Belt (30”-34”)
- Regular Belt (34”-38”)
- Large Belt (38”-44")
- XL Belt (44"+)
- (Note: Small belts only allow spacing for a single attachment on each side, i.e. one pouch on each side and water bottles attached to the game pouch or some similar combination)
Shoulder Harness Size - appropriate shoulder harness fitment ensures pack stability, proper gun mount, and reduced fatigue after a long day in the field. To determine your torso sizing, please take the following measurements.
- Find the top of your hip bone (i.e. iliac crest) - stand straight, feel your lower back right at/below the typical waistline for your "hip bones".
- Touch your chin to your chest and feel the back of your lower neck for a large protruding bone, this is your C7 vertebrae.
- Measure the distance with a soft/fabric tape measure from your hip bone to your C7 vertebrae.
- We recommend 20" and under selecting the Regular size and 21"+ going with the Tall size
- For additional sizing information, visit our Sizing page.