Why Hunt Redi?
As a couple of passionate bird hunters, we understand the unique needs upland inspired hunters face in the field. We've spent years working to provide our community with a highly configurable platform that enables each individual upland journey.
We see a lot of statements floating around that claim "marketing leading" this or that, "the only vest to" do something, "the problem with other vests is...", and many other interesting statements. Through innovative technologies leveraged from our strategic partnership with FirstSpear, LLC, years of product development abuse in the field, and a passion for the pursuit, we believe you'll find our gear is Reliable Equipment Driving Inspiration (REDI) in the Uplands...we'll let you determine whether all those other claims are true.
You can also learn more at Hunt Redi YouTube and let us know if you have any questions along the way.
- Configuration is Key - simply put, our platform provides the extreme versatility of FirstSpear's 6/12 attachment system which is leveraged on our belt and game pouch. As a result, you can build out your vest the way you hunt and ensure it meets your personal preferences. Additionally, you'll be able to swap pockets/pouches/accessories across our entire suite of products (i.e. more coming down the pipe).
- Comfort is Critical - a belt built for comfort with serious padding and a lumbar pad for lower back support provides the foundation for even weight distribution and reduced fatigue. Combined with a yoke designed to stabilize the load while not inhibiting gun placement, you'll be set for long days chasing birds regardless of your pursuit.
- Ultralight Durability - materials that are literally proven on battlefields around the globe ensure our gear will hold up to any cover and terrain you may encounter during your upland pursuits. Our average configurations weigh in under 3.5 pounds for gear that's as tough as our bird dogs and light as the feathers we carry.
Our gear is sourced and handcrafted in the USA, down to the thread. We are committed to providing quality products, innovative solutions, and a focus on customer service to the upland community. We completely understand there are numerous options, many of which are made offshore, sold in big box stores, and are simply cheaper to purchase. We've tried many of them and were not satisfied with the results, you'll find our products are built with superior materials, have serious thought invested in usability, and are designed with those "little touches" to enable your journey in the field.
We look forward to seeing you in the field, until then, keep following the hunter with the longest nose and always, stay #huntredi!
~The Hunt Redi Crew~
How do I determine the right size for me?
Ultimately, sizing does remain a bit of personal preference so we will provide our recommendations and offer additional details to help you make the most best decision to meet your unique needs in the field. Check out the video as well, Jerrod is 6'0" / 215 lbs w/ a 36" waist and is wearing our Regular belt size.
- It all starts with the belt, it's the foundation to evenly distribute weight on your core and in turn relieve stress from the back and shoulders. We added ample padding and additional lumbar support for increased comfort.
- Belt sizing:
- Small Belt (30”-34”)
- Regular Belt (34”-38”)
- Large Belt (38”+)
- NOTE: sizes are our minimum waist recommendations for reasonable use and comfort in the field. Each size belt actually adjust out to approximately 60" to meet the needs of most hunters.
- Assuming your waist exceeds the minimum recommended size (which is the circumference of the padded section), the belt contains additional webbing that can be extended (up to 60") to accommodate a wide range of sizes...this is where personal preference comes into play. Due to the adjustment capability, each belt size will fit a wide range of individuals but only you can determine whether you prefer more or less padding section.
- The shoulder harness provides significant adjustment to fit a wide range of upland inspired hunters.
How do pockets / pouches attach to your vest?
Hunt Redi gear leverages the patented 6/12™ Modular Pocket Technology platform created by FirstSpear®. The key design revolves around laser cut precision attachment points and interlocking "tabs" which secure via military grade hook-and-loop fabric.
A few tips from the Hunt Redi Crew!
- Lay the belt flat on a table, tailgate, or other relatively smooth surface. This will reduce "tension" on the belt and increase accessibility to the laser cut columns.
- Velcro and similar materials are made from a "hook" material attaching to a "loop" material. Accessories leveraging the 6/12 pocket technology are most easily attached by pinching (to close the "hook" material) the tab and inserting through the laser fused cuts.
- Once inserted, the tab is facing a "loop" material on the inside of the belt system. Simply use your finger to flatten the tab before pressing the loop fabric down on the tab. This secures the tab to the belt and creates an extremely bonded attachment.
- To remove accessories, simply slide a finger between the hook-and-loop material and pull the tab backwards through the laser fused cuts (while leaving the finger in place to ensure it doesn't re-attach).
Key benefits of the platform include no shifting of attachments, weight reduction vs traditional MOLLE/PALS systems, and extreme durability in the field. The system provides significant configuration capabilities with a "sewn on feel" once accessories are attached.
Standard MOLLE / PALS accessories are attached via the traditional method due to backwards compatibility of the FirstSpear platform.
Read more about the technology.
Do you have a military and/or law enforcement discount?
The Hunt Redi Crew is proud to support Active Duty Service Members, Retirees, Veterans, Military Spouses, Military Family Members, Law Enforcement, and First Responders. The Hunt Redi Hero Discount is our small way of saying ~ THANK YOU ~ to all the men and women that have sacrificed so much in the line of duty.
Does the Deviate Upland Vest have a hydration bladder pocket?
Given the extreme versatility of our platform, we wanted to provide numerous options to meet your unique personal preferences and needs in the field. There are three primary approaches to hydration bladders on the Deviate Upland Strap vest.
- We mounted two DRings within the game pouch to provide a connection point for clipping in a hydration bladder. This provides a vertical option that sits close to the back for ideal weight distribution.
- A mesh pouch exists within the game pouch along the lumbar belt area that allows for a hydration bladder. This approach provides horizontal placement and improved breathability along the back.
- Tactical MOLLE style hydration pocket/pouch options can be mounted along the outside of the game pouch. This method doesn't sacrifice game pouch area.
Should you have additional questions, please shoot us an email - firstname.lastname@example.org