Deviate: (verb) /ˈdēvēˌāt/ : to depart from an established course.
Our Deviate Upland Strap Vest leverages an innovative platform that provides extensive customization to enable your upland journey. Our "build your own" option provides a foundation to configure with our upland inspired accessories (or any standard MOLLE/PALS solution from the tactical market).
Simply select the appropriate size and then determine the desired pouches/pockets and accessories for a custom solution to meet your unique needs in the field.
~ FREE Shipping kicks in at $400 ~
Highly configurable due to integration of the FirstSpear® 6/12™ Modular Platform throughout the belt and external game pouch (backwards compatible with standard MOLLE / PALS accessories)
- Belt designed to provide even weight distribution and extended comfort in the field w/ integrated DRings for added attachments points
- Shoulder harness inspired by our friends at Hill People Gear with attachment points to accommodate GPS, e-collar, etc accessories w/ configurability to enable suspender or backpack style mount points
- Game pouch provides ample storage and one-handed insertion of bag limits
- Permanent storage built into game pouch with internal mesh security pouch for keys, wallet, phone, etc.
- Quick grab mesh pouch against lumbar in game pouch for easy access storage - snacks, gloves, shells/hulls, or even hydration bladder
- D-Rings found inside game pouch provide solid hydration bladder attachment points
- Note: attachments (pockets, pouches, accessories) must be purchased separately via "build-your-own" approach
Specs & Sizing
- Belt Sizes
- Small Belt (30”-33”)***
- Regular Belt (34”-37”)
- Large Belt (38”-43")
- XL Belt (44"+)
- ***(Note: Small belts only allow spacing for a single attachment on each side, i.e. one pouch on each side and water bottles attached to the game pouch or some similar combination)
Shoulder Harness Sizing - appropriate shoulder harness fitment ensures pack stability, proper gun mount, and reduced fatigue after a long day in the field. To determine your torso sizing, please take the following measurements.
- Find the top of your hip bone (i.e. iliac crest) - stand straight, feel your lower back right at/below the typical waistline for your "hip bones".
- Touch your chin to your chest and feel the back of your lower neck for a large protruding bone, this is your C7 vertebrae.
- Measure the distance with a soft/fabric tape measure from your hip bone to your C7 vertebrae.
- We recommend 20" and under selecting the Regular size and 21"+ going with the Tall size
- For additional sizing information, visit our Sizing page.
- Weight: 2.75 lbs + accessories
- Game Pouch - 16" W x 9" H x 7" D
- Coyote / Blaze Orange (225.5 square inches)
- Ranger Green / Coyote
- Belt Closure: Side Release Buckle
- Attachment System: FirstSpear® 6/12™ Modular Pocket Technology
- Material: 500 denier Cordura + patented materials utilized in the modular platform
- Designed, Sourced, and Handcrafted in the USA by FirstSpear®
The Deviate Upland Vest was made for those inspired to go further, push established boundaries, and demand the same from their gear. If the next ridge, valley, or thicket seems to always be calling, choose Reliable Equipment Driving Inspiration (REDI) in the Uplands!