The Deviate Training System was created out of necessity to meet our needs during the offseason grind in the field with dogs and around the clay thrower with our buddies. As temps rise during those spring and summer months, we needed a highly configurable and ultralight option to ensure efficiency, comfort, reliability, and ultimately make the most of every session.
We created a streamlined solution with the Deviate Belt that provides complete configurability around the waist to meet the unique needs of each gun dog trainer and target shooter (or even run/gun hunter desiring a much smaller footprint). The harness and suspenders provide additional comfort, stability, and connections points for training whistles, multi-tools, e-collar handhelds, etc.
Leveraging the same patented platform as our Deviate Upland Strap Vest, all pouches, pockets, and accessories are completely interchangeable to provide more versatility, offseason training that encourages muscle memory, high configurability, and the same military proven durability from our friends at FirstSpear.
Deviate Training System Overview
- Deviate Belt System
- Padded belt for balanced load distribution and reduced fatigue
- Highly configurable platform for your preferred setup
- Ultralight at only 14 ounces
- Harness / Suspenders
- Significant adjustment for precise fitment
- Mild padding for comfort w/o gun mount interference
- MOLLE webbing attachment points
- Sternum strap (adjustable)
- Note: pictures reflect how the Deviate Training System could be configured, accessories pictured not included. You will be able to customize it according to your unique needs and preferences.
Specs & Sizing
- Weight: 14 ounces (belt only) / 9 ounces (shoulder harness & straps)
- Belt Sizes:
- Small Belt (31"-35")
- Medium Belt (35”-38")
- Large Belt (38”+)
- Shoulder Harness Sizing - appropriate shoulder harness fitment ensures pack stability, proper gun mount, and reduced fatigue after a long day in the field. To determine your torso sizing, please take the following measurements.
- Find the top of your hip bone (i.e. iliac crest) - stand straight, feel your lower back right at/below the typical waistline for your "hip bones".
- Touch your chin to your chest and feel the back of your lower neck for a large protruding bone, this is your C7 vertebrae.
- Measure the distance with a soft/fabric tape measure from your hip bone to your C7 vertebrae.
- We recommend 20" and under selecting the Regular size and 21"+ going with the Tall size
- For additional sizing information, visit our Sizing page.
- Color: Coyote Tan
- Belt Closure: Side Release Buckle
Platform: FirstSpear® 6/12™ Modular Platform Technology attachment system
- Backward compatible with standard MOLLE/PALS
- Material: 500 denier Cordura
- Designed by the Hunt Redi Crew / Sourced & Handcrafted in the USA by FirstSpear®